Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Aukje de Vries' Diary Day 59

It is a nice day but cold. I have an appointment with the periodontist. She checks the results of the treatment and her conclusions are very positive. That is good news. Even though it is already halfway into the afternoon, I go to the beach because it is such a nice and sunny day and excellent weather for a walk. On the beach there is a group of four young people who ask me if I know that the largest bookshop on ships is now moored in Scheveningen harbour. They give me a flyer which does not make clear what kind of a bookshop it is. It makes me curious so I go and have a look. It is a very nice, rather large ship. Much larger than any ship I usually see in Scheveningen. The harbour is mostly for fishing and yachting. There is someone guiding interested persons at the gangway. We have to pay an admission fee and even though it is not much, I want to know what I am paying for. At first the answer is rather vague, but when I insist I hear it is a missionary ship. That is not something I am interested in at all. I am a non believer and I am not in favour of missionary activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment