Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Aukje de Vries' Diary Day 58

Today I have an appointment with my tax consultant. I have organised my papers quite well so I can give her all the information she needs. For the year 2008 it is possible to deduct medical costs above a rather low threshold. She thinks the government has not realised how much the rules, which were new for 2008 but which will be changed again in 2009, are going to cost. Almost all her clients will get a tax refund. The same goes for me. Because I had a lot of costs for oral surgery and dental care I am sure to get money back. For once her report will bring me good news. At this point in time it is unclear what the rules are for 2009. I have seen a message from the government in the newspaper that there will be compensations for different categories such as people with a handicap and older people but it is totally unclear who will be entitled and what will be compensated.

The allowances, compensations and fiscal instruments grow in numbers and complexity. How are we to know what our entitlements are? It is far too complicated for an ordinary citizen. Even my consultant does not know.

There is a third person, involved in the organisation where we have problems, who has received the same message from the person whose leadership is questioned, requesting a written statement within 7 days. She is also furious and writes an answer refusing to respond to the command but stressing how poor the leadership of the organisation is. The three of us who received the message, as well as another person who has played a very positive role in the organisation, will have a teleconference, trying to figure out what we can do to make sure that after elections, which are to be held soon, the organisation remains manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment